Position Title: Employability Coach
Hours of duty: 25 hours per week between Monday to Friday
Falcon Support Services provides supported accommodation and community projects to those that are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or vulnerable in the community.
Our service helps vulnerable people by providing safe and secure accommodation with our staff working alongside clients to help them develop their skills, so they can move away from homelessness to living independently and positively contribute to their community.
We are now looking for a Employment Coach who is highly motivated, personable, a strong communicator and who is passionate about making a difference. Experience of recruiting, supporting, and training volunteers is essential along with being initiative-taking and able to manage and prioritise workloads.
You will be people focused, have good organisational and time management skills to co-ordinate volunteers and their activities.
The role is challenging and rewarding with opportunities to learn, grow, and develop within Falcon Support Services.
The role is challenging and rewarding with opportunities to learn, grow, and develop within Falcon Support Services. In this varied role.
- Encouraging personal development and self-esteem whilst building confidence and self-reliance
- Assist with CV writing and job application, interview process
- Liaising with employers to identify employment opportunities/work placements/taster sessions
- To link in with Job Centre’s working together to best support the client towards employment
- To work with the Falcon’s Community Harm Reduction Workers and Peer Mentors to engage clients.
- To work with Falcon’s Training Manager and other training providers to best support clients.
- Carry out the practical tasks required of the job being continuously aware of any risks presented by the working environment and consistently acting in a way to minimise these risks. Report concerns appropriately, such as adult and child safeguarding issues and substantial risk
- To work co-operatively with other members of the team, constructively contributing to team meetings, covering office duty and assisting with the smooth running of the service
- Mentor and support students and/or volunteers in the service
- To effectively use IT systems to maintain precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into the program databases/risk logs
- To be alert to the health and well-being of all clients, reporting any concerns to the Manager
- To complete and provide any documentation, reports, statistics and any other information required by Falcon Support Services and/or any other agency.
- To effectively work with a range of multi-disciplinary partners, support providers and funders in both the statutory and voluntary sector.
- To work in line with Falcon Support Services Values, Policies and Procedures and legal frameworks/compliance requirements, including Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, Health and Safety and GDPR policies.
- To work flexibly to ensure effective service provision
- To develop team spirit and co-operative working across all teams, internal and external.
- To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
- To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services, working as part of an integrated team.
- The post holder will be lone working at times. To use FSS lone working device “Work Safe”.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.
Health & Safety / Compliance
- Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the Financial Regulations of the charity.
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will therefore require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a DBS check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post, such additional duties may be undertaken which are reasonably commensurate with the level of post. It will be reviewed periodically to consider changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Experience of working on your own initiative to deliver a high-quality service
- The ability to work proactively and with limited direct supervision
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience of managing staff or volunteers
- Experience of risk, safeguarding vulnerable adults and professional boundaries issues
- A genuine commitment to equal opportunities
- A positive approach to personal development
- A proven experience of working in a similar role/industry
- Appropriate literacy, IT, and numeracy skills standard sufficient to fulfil the requirements of the job description
- Clear communications skills, both in oral and written form
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
- Must be over the age of 18
- Willingness to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check