Post Title: Rapid Rehousing Night Worker
Fixed-term until 31.03.22
Department: Housing Management
Hours of duty: 21.00 – 09.00 4 nights off / 4 nights on, on a rotating shift pattern
Responsible to: Accommodation Manager
Salary: £10.18 per hour / £22.294.20
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter. Please make sure your covering letter clearly demonstrates your expertise and how you meet the role requirements. This should be a minimum of 500 words and not exceed 2 pages.
Objectives of the post:
- To work with 6 rough sleepers within short term emergency accommodation.
- To maintain and protect the security and safety of the service users and premises.
- To control access to the premises and provide concierge services to residents, building users, and staff in a professional and friendly manner.
- To engage service users in healthy living practices including preparing, cooking and washing up after evening meals and breakfast.
- To engage service users in the cleaning and maintenance of the property.
- To engage and encourage service users to develop appropriate sleeping patterns.
- To enable service users to manage behaviour both within the property and externally
- Build trust and rapport with the service users.
- Be a listening ear for services users.
- To provide activities that distract and stimulate service users, so they engage with the project and their support plan.
- To support service users to achieve the outcomes agreed within their support plan.
- To provide crisis intervention in a calm, responsive and non-judgmental manner.
- To be able to provide first aid in a calm, responsive and non-judgmental manner,
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain a visible presence in and around the supported accommodation project.
- To provide professional, secure and friendly front of house access control service and reception service.
- To be the first point of call when dealing with emergencies, e.g. fire, medical, police, etc. and to manage such emergencies appropriately including liaising with the police and other agencies to prevent damage to the premises.
- Maintaining manual and computerized records and monitoring CCTV systems.
- Reporting breaches of security and damage to the fabric of the building to the appropriate authority and staff and calling ‘approved’ contractors to cover emergency repairs to maintain security and safety of the building where required.
- Reporting and logging issues relating to the personal security, welfare and safety of residents appropriately.
- Answering telephone calls, transferring callers and taking messages as required.
- Ensuring the property is clean and tidy and carrying out inspections to the communal parts of the building.
- To take responsibility for completing all requirements within the timeframe as directed by the Accommodation Manager.
- To ensure that all required checklists, in particular health and safety ones, are completed for all duties.
- To take responsibility for continuous improvement in service delivery and working practices.
- To implement and adhere to Falcon Support Services policies and procedures as well as any specific local procedures.
- To develop team spirit and co-operative working across staff team.
- To undertake any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary in order to meet the requirements of funders, partner agencies or any other such organisations.
- To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
- To undertake/attend all training as deemed appropriate by your line manager and/or meetings as required by the job role.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services, working as part of an integrated team.
- Ensure all aspects of the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies are implemented effectively.
- Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the Financial Regulations of the charity.
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will therefore require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a DBS check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in-service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.