Tile of Post: Drop-in Soup Kitchen Worker
Hours: 2 hours per week - Tues 18.30 – 20.30
Rate: £10.18 per hour
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter. Please make sure your covering letter clearly demonstrates your expertise and how you meet the role requirements. This should be a minimum of 500 words and not exceed 2 pages.
The Drop-In is a Day Centre with the aim of providing a safe and meaningful space for people to engage with and access services. We believe that everyone has the right to feel safe, accepted, valued and not to be judged for any situations they may be facing and should have access to basic needs, advice, support and opportunities to create a better everyday life.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST:
- To run the weekly Drop-In soup kitchen ensuring services are delivered efficiently
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take up the opening and closing of the Drop-In, including:
- controlling and recording access to and from the building
- following the booking in and welcoming procedures
- completing relevant monitoring and statistics collation for the service
- responding to telephone enquiries, correspondence and callers to the service
- taking action to address any immediate risks
- health and safety checks and reporting repairs/maintenance
- Cleaning of servery, tables and floors at the end of the sessions
- To work with a volunteer team to prepare and/or serve food and drink as required
- To appropriately liaise with service users and signpost to appropriate agencies
- To work within Falcon Support Services policies and procedures, as well as any local procedures or relating to partnership agencies
- To ensure that the behaviour of service users is appropriate, and address any problems arising from this requirement
- To Risk Assessment individuals and situations that occur.
- To be alert to the health and wellbeing of all service users, reporting any concerns to the Community Manager
- To communicate effectively and appropriately with service users, staff, volunteers, other organisations and members of the public using and/or working with our organisation.
- To provide Social Media material to promote the Soup Kitchen
- Carry out the practical tasks required of the job being continuously aware of any risks presented by the working environment and consistently acting in a way to minimise these risks
- To maintain a clean hygienic work environment and assist with hygiene checks ensuring we meet the hygiene rating regulations and where appropriate assist in the cooking and serving of food
- Administration Duties, including maintaining precise and accurate documentation in line with Falcon Support Services recording and reporting procedures.
- Ensure all aspects of the Group Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies are implemented effectively.
- Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the Financial Regulations of the charity.
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will therefore require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a Criminal Records Bureau check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in-service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.