Hours of duty: 17:00 - 22:00 (20 hours per week) on a 4 on 4 off rotating shift pattern
Salary: £10.95 per hour / £9,991.88 per annum
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating your expertise and how you meet the role requirements. This should be a minimum of 500 words and not exceed 2 pages
Falcon Support Services provides supported accommodation and community projects to those that are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or vulnerable in the community.
Our service helps vulnerable people by providing safe and secure accommodation with our staff working alongside clients to help them develop their skills, so they can move away from homelessness to living independently and positively contribute to their community.
The role is challenging and rewarding with opportunities to learn, grow, and develop within Falcon Support Services. In this varied role, you will provide overnight waking cover to Falcon Support Services which includes supporting adults with complex needs who may be experiencing a range of problems such as:
- Fleeing domestic violence
You must have a genuine interest in helping people to make changes in their lives and an understanding of the types of issues that affect those that are homeless, as well as a dedication to Falcon Support Services values and performance standards.
Falcon Support Services is equipped to train and support people who do not have relevant skills and experience but do have the right values, behaviours, and attitudes.
- To maintain and protect the security and safety of the premises.
- To control access and have a visible presence on the premises and provide support to residents, visitors, and staff in a professional and friendly manner.
- To monitor CCTV to identify any incidents and take prompt and appropriate action.
- To maintain a visible presence in and around the supported accommodation projects
- To carry out a minimum of two site checks at each project each evening to ensure the safety and security of premises and the welfare of our service users
- Reporting breaches of security and damage to the fabric of the building to the appropriate authority and staff and calling ‘approved’ contractors to cover emergency repairs to maintain security and safety of the building where required.
- Maintaining manual and computerized records
- To provide professional, secure, and friendly front of house access control service and reception service.
- To be the first point of call when dealing with emergencies, e.g., fire, medical, police, etc. and to manage such emergencies appropriately including liaising with the police and other agencies to prevent damage to the premises.
- Reporting and logging issues relating to the personal security, welfare, and safety of residents appropriately.
- Answering telephone calls, transferring callers, and taking messages as required.
- To take responsibility for continuous improvement in service delivery and working practices.
- To implement and adhere to Falcon Support Services policies and procedures as well as any specific local procedures.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services, working as part of an integrated team.
- To undertake any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary in order to meet the requirements of funders, partner agencies or any other such organisations.
- To work in a psychologically informed way, including attendance of reflective practices.
- To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the building
- Ensuring the property is clean and tidy and carrying out inspections to the communal parts of the building.
Health & Safety / Compliance
- Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the Financial Regulations of the charity.
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will therefore require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a DBS check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- To take responsibility for completing all required checklists including H&S documents within the timeframe as directed by the Accommodation Manager
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post, such additional duties may be undertaken which are reasonably commensurate with the level of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to consider changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Ability to work in customer care and quality-focused manner
- Ability to deal with difficult situations, aggressive behaviours, and handle conflict appropriately
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Be able to work alone with minimum supervision
- Experience in working and engaging as part of a team
- Be physically able to respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations
- The ability to undertake general housekeeping tasks in line with the job description
- The ability to understand the needs of people from diverse, cultural, social and racial backgrounds.
- Understand the needs of people who have drug, alcohol, behavioural or mental health issues
- Experience of working in a residential / hostel environment
- Experience in handling confidential information in line with data protection requirements
- A strong and demonstratable commitment to promoting Falcon Support Services approach to equality and diversity in all work undertaken
- Must be over the age of 18
- Willingness to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- Have access to a vehicle for business purposes
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Have business car insurance