Position Title: Cleaner (Multisite)
Position Title: Multisite cleaner
Location: Multisite across projects
Hours of duty:
- Post 1: 16 hours per week (days/times negotiable)
- Post 2: 24 hours per week (days/times negotiable)
Salary: £9.90 per hour
Contract Type: Part-time / Permanent
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com Please make sure your cover letter clearly demonstrates your expertise and how you meet the role requirements. This should be a minimum of 500 words and not exceed 2 pages.
Falcon Support Services provides supported accommodation and community projects to those that are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or vulnerable in the community.
Our service helps vulnerable people by providing safe and secure accommodation with our staff working alongside clients to help them develop their skills, so they can move away from homelessness to living independently and positively contribute to their community.
Each project houses approximately 3-6 residents where you will be working in a hostel environment cleaning the communal spaces and vacated rooms as and when required.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and be accountable for the cleaning of our accommodation projects. Cleaning all communal spaces in accommodation projects.
- Clean empty / vacated rooms when required.
- Make sure Coshh guidelines are followed and Coshh data folders are kept up to date.
- To maintain and manage the stock of all projects of cleaning supplies ensuring that new stock is requested prior to need.
- To carry out deep cleaning tasks, including but not limited to shower heads and oven extractor fans.
General overview of tasks required – a full list will be provided
- Cleaning all surfaces – e.g. kitchen sides; tiles.
- Detailed cleaning and sanitizing - e.g. door handles, taps.
- Restocking items – e.g. paper towels, toilet rolls, soap.
- Cleaning and preparing empty rooms for new residents.
- Vacuuming all flooring areas.
- Mopping all hard floors.
- Emptying all bins.
- Cleaning toilets and clearing blockages.
- Cleaning showers.
- Clean furniture in the project.
- Bedrooms (specialist cleaning).
- To undertake any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary or as directed by the facilities/accommodation manager.
- To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services, working as part of an integrated team.
- To be alert to the health and wellbeing of all clients, reporting any concerns to staff.
- Ensure all aspects of the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies are implemented effectively.
- Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the Financial Regulations of the charity.
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will, therefore, require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a DBS check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in-service requirements.
Compliance / Health & Safety
- Follow all Coshh guidelines when using cleaning products.
- Attend a minimum of 1 fire drill every 6 months.
- Follow all H&S guidelines and regulations.
- To implement and adhere to Falcon Support Services policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience as a cleaner is desirable but not essential.
- Falcon Support Services are equipped to train and support people who do not have relevant skills and experience but do have the right values, behaviours, and attitudes.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Willingness to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- Have access to a vehicle for business purposes (mileage is paid @45p per mile in line with Government Guidelines)
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Have business car insurance